It can be an incredibly overwhelming process to sustain an injury while at work. It can be a bit nerve wracking to manage your interests in combination with what your employer may be asking you to do. This can be a harsh reality to managing your workers’ compensation case. It can be frustrating to follow through with what your employer may need from you, especially if the injury was received as a result of their negligence. If this is a situation that sounds all too familiar, contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Signs You Need an Attorney
Contacting an attorney may be the last thing on your mind. You want to have trust that your employer will make it right. Unfortunately for a number of people who experience injuries at work, this just isn’t the case. For most, it will be important that you advocate for yourself to obtain the best possible outcome.
If you have experienced a significant injury, the process to this can feel daunting. By working with an attorney, you will feel assured that the appropriate steps are being taken during the workers’ compensation process. It can be hard to determine whether or not you should obtain legal services. The following are common signs it may be time to give us a call:
- If you are required to negotiate with your employers insurance company
- Your workers’ compensation claim has been denied after sustaining injuries on the job
- You were permanently disabled from your injury
- You are unable to continue doing the same job after your injury
- Treatments or surgery or too expensive or not covered by the insurance company
- The insurance company is not giving you a fair settlement, or your case must go to trial
You will need the skill of attorneys to help navigate these potentially complex situations. It will be important to ensure that you obtain representation that will advocate for your needs in order to obtain the compensation you may be entitled to.
Your Biggest Advocate
When you don’t know where to turn or whom you can trust, you can rely on an attorney to:
- Ensure that you are treated fairly and that your rights are protected.
- Build a solid legal strategy for your case
- Help you gather the documentation and evidence necessary for your case
- Navigate you through the legal system
- Prepare you for depositions and court appearances
Workers’ compensation can be a complicated process, especially if you are financially struggling as a result of the injuries you sustained. Contact a Hauppage NY workers comp lawyer with any questions you may have today.
Thanks to our friends and contributors from Workers Comp NY for their insight into workers compensation.