Suffering an injury can be painful, and while we wonder if we should make a doctor’s appointment, go to Urgent Care or maybe even the Emergency Room, the cure to help us could be staring right back at us in our own refrigerators.
That’s because sometimes the natural remedies are the best ones. So before you go to any of the above places, perhaps that first call you should make is to a natural medicine doctor Chicago, IL residents trust.
Here is a short list of some remedies they may suggest:
- Lavender: Believe it or not, it can help you with a burn. The oil can help with tissue regeneration — and it doesn’t leave any scarring! Lavender essential oil can help with natural wound healing when used topically — two to four drops on the injured area — two to five times daily.
- Aloe Vera: You may already know this wonderful sap can help with burns but did you know it can help with cuts and scrapes too? All you have to do it cut off a piece of the stalk, apply it to the wound every couple of hours and it will reduce your healing time by a significant amount.
- Raw Honey: This too can speed up healing of a wound. Not only that, it’s like nature’s own antibiotic and can help ward off infection by killing off bacteria. When honey mixes with blood, hydrogen peroxide is produced. If the wound is deep, fill it with honey and wrap it up.
- Potato: Did you know that potato can draw out an infection? Shred potatoes and change them out every four hours (be sure to rinse with salt water in between). Spread out on the wound and then wrap up with gauze followed by saran wrap or whatever you have handy to hold it in place.
- Coconut Oil: While this oil seems to be all the rage these days, it’s great to have handy because it can heal wounds. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial elements that can also prevent scarring. Use it to also help speed the healing process. Cover with a Band-Aid or whatever you have handy and switch out two to three times a day.
- Witch Hazel: This is a natural astringent that has anti-inflammatory properties. If you soak a cloth of some kind in the witch hazel and apply it directly to the wound, you’ll see the swelling reduce as it cuts the recovery time. It also helps to stop bleeding. Simply apply it and the wrap the wound in gauze to keep it clean. You will see a difference.
These are just six such natural remedies that can help with a personal injury but a licensed natural medicine doctor will have even more to help you recover. There is no reason you need to suffer or pay the high costs of an emergency room or urgent care visit.
Thank you to our generous contributors at WholeHealth Chicago for the above information.